The steps of the selection process can vary, depending upon the position, but the process generally follows this timeline:
• Applications are pre-screened for basic qualifications
• Pre-screened applications are forwarded to the hiring manager for review
• Selected candidates are invited to interview and applicants not selected will be notified
• Selected candidates are invited to return for a second interview
• Final candidate is offered the position, completes pre-employment screening, and meets with the General Manager
Some positions may require applicants to pass a written exam. A performance test may be required for a position requiring certain skills, such as typing or the operation of heavy equipment. Decisions about the selection process are made by the hiring manager and the Human Resources Manager when the position opens. The job flyer will contain details if there are specific requirements to that recruitment’s selection process.