Parkway Turf Replacement Rebate Program - Closing Oct 31
Last chance to apply! Submit your application by Oct 31 to receive approval on your project.
CVWD is offering a $300 incentive to customers for removing grass in their parkways and replacing the grass with low water using materials. Please read through all program requirements before beginning your project. Turf must be in place and you must receive approval before removing grass.
What Qualifies as a Parkway?A parkway is the strip of landscape that lies between the street and the sidewalk on a customer's property. This program offers a rebate specifically for removing grass in the parkway, NOT FOR ANY OTHER AREAS OF YOUR YARD. For properties that do not have a sidewalk, the first five feet of landscape measuring from the curb is considered the parkway.
Do not remove the grass in your parkway until you are approved for our program.
- Step 1: Read through all program requirements and the program process in its entirety.
- Step 2: Apply online for pre-project approval and upload pre-project photos (link below)
- Step 3: Wait for pre-project approval from CVWD (may take up to 3 weeks)
- Step 4: Once you receive your pre-project approval via email, you may then remove your turf. You will have 60 days from your pre-project approval to complete your project.
- Step 5: Once you complete your project, return to this webpage to complete the post-project completion form (link below)
- Must be a CVWD single-family, residential customer in good standing
- Must be pre-approved before starting your project (removing any turf)
- Must remove turf from all parkways on the property to receive rebate
- All materials installed in place of turf must be permeable (allows water to be absorbed)
- Parkways must be on drip irrigation and on a separate watering station
- Must keep all trees in place and water sufficiently
- Must be property owner
- Must abide by all city codes
- Must keep parkway's new landscape in place for a minimum of 5 years (no turf may be replanted)
- Projects starting after August 1, 2015 are eligible (pre-project photos are required)
- Residents participating in the MWD/SoCal WaterSmart Turf Rebate Program are eligible
What Can I Replace My Turf With?
Customers must install low water using materials in place of the turf removed, and must abide by all city codes. Please click on the city you live in to determine what materials are acceptable:
To Get Started:
You must first submit the Pre-project Approval Form.
Pre-project Approval Form
Before moving onto the Post-project Approval Form, you must first submit the Pre-project Approval Form and wait to receive approval from CVWD before participating.
Post-project Approval Form (for completed projects)